Depending on operational setup, businesses will find different ways to increase productivity with Microsoft 365. We explain how you can best use Microsoft 365’s tools to enhance productivity, whether you’re maintaining remote working, adpating flexible working or have returned to the office.
As we all work to outpace the economic slump and future-proof our operations against the unknown, achieving exceptional productivity, agility, and resilience is no longer just best practice. It is absolutely critical in keeping our businesses going and being able to adapt with speed and stability. Balanced with this is a renewed need to empower staff and workstyles, so that you get the most value from any digital or operational transition made.
Now that the initial disruption (and emergency technology implementations) are behind us, companies are asking how deeply ingrained digitisation can become a long-term concept. Of course, complete transformation takes time and the extent to which it is realised depends on a variety of factors, with budget and integration often being sticking points. But every organisation can build resilience against future disturbance, mobilise smart working practices and become a competitive force.
How to boost productivity with Microsoft 365 digital tools
Enter Microsoft 365 – a cloud platform delivering unparalleled value to the millions pushing through and producing in a world fraught with acute challenge. It is accessible to every business and has continuity, efficiency and collaboration at its core. It delivers fresh opportunities for strengthening resilience and increasing productivity whether you are:
- Maintaining a remote workforce, at least for the foreseeable future
- Adopting a permanent flexible working programme
- Or returning to a fully on-premise workforce
Each organisation has its rationale for heading down one of the above paths: a remote workforce doesn’t align with some company cultures, flexi-working may not be practical, on-premise operations may be an unnecessary expense. However, smarter working, seamless collaboration and an empowered workforce present opportunities for every company.
Your guide to Microsoft 365’s most valuable features
Microsoft 365 is a productivity cloud that brings together best-in-class Office apps with powerful cloud services, device management plus greater cybersecurity than its alternatives. Several Business grade plans are available and K3 recommends Microsoft 365 Business Premium for reaping the most reward. Just some of the features and benefits are:
- Office apps
- Email and calendar
- Chat, calls and meetings
- Cloud storage
- Reduces manual tasks
- Captures insights
- Automates tasks
- Integrates with apps
We’ve collated a selection of Microsoft 365’s best features to help your business run more securely, efficiently, and productively, categorised by operational setup. We hope that this helps you pinpoint where Microsoft 365 can be of most value to your particular circumstances, but if you would like detailed package information, please contact a K3 consultant.
M365 if you’re…maintaining a remote workforce
Brilliant benefits for teams that will work physically apart in the months ahead, or perhaps permanently.
- Microsoft Teams transforms collaboration. Using chat, online meetings and calls (with video options), it connects employees with one another to maintain visibility, productivity and collaboration. Keeping a separated workforce in regular contact also boosts engagement and that feel-good factor
- Office apps allow for users to share, co-author and edit documents. With documents saved to SharePoint (your M365 intranet), colleagues can always access the latest file
- Distance training via SharePoint workflows keeps remote staff up to date with business requirements and digital skills
- Control security rules by restricting how data is saved and processed, remotely wipe lost or stolen devices, enable an unlimited cloud archive and much more
- Remote device management ensures that any device, in any location, is configured to policies and that regular updates are performed, avoiding unnecessary downtime
M365 if you’re…adopting a flexible working programme
Utilise the benefits of both worlds by better organising remote and on-premise staff, reducing siloed thinking and remaining secure.
- Plan schedules and daily tasks with Microsoft Teams to help ensure project continuity and momentum when employees are in varying locations from day to day
- Remote device management is just as important for flexible teams as it is remote teams. Employees may swap between devices at home and at the office – potentially going weeks without using them. Therefore, it is important to remotely manage updates and policies to remain secure and available
- File syncing across any devices ensures that work completed in one location is always available via OneDrive or SharePoint, mitigating delays caused by setting up or data loss
- Calendar management allows flexible workers to share available meeting times, schedule meetings, and get reminders, allowing you to work with agility and efficiency even when face to face communication isn’t possible
- SharePoint project management solves the problem of disruption or loss of momentum when rosters or schedules change
M365 if you’re…retaining a fully on-prem workforce
Future-proof your operation by using the power of Microsoft 365 to strengthen resilience, enhance agility and bolster continuity capabilities.
- Automate key aspects of your digital operation using Microsoft 365’s Power Platform. Automating will help minimise disruption if you suddenly have to send office staff back to remote working, while also freeing staff to focus on strategy over repetitive manual tasks that technology can perform just as well
- SharePoint closes communication loops as an accessible and practical hub of everything important. Your team may all work on-prem, but how often are departments able to connect? SharePoint – with project management, file sharing and message boards –focuses teams to drive efficiency and productivity
- Desktop Office apps are available, with documents synced to cloud storage. Utilise desktop apps on-prem and quickly switch to cloud apps without data loss or disruption
- Client management is made easier with Microsoft Bookings. Schedule and manage customer appointments seamlessly and cater to their digital preferences
If your business would like to explore how to enhance productivity with Microsoft 365, contact K3 on 0844 579 0800 or email@example.com.