K3 Business Technology Group PLC (K3) and our group members (“we” or “us”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This notice sets out how we may collect personal data from or about you, how we might use it and, importantly, what rights you have over your own personal data. Please read this notice carefully to understand how we will use and look after your personal data.
This notice applies to all of our products, services, activities and websites (unless they have their own privacy notice). By providing any personal information to us, visiting any of our websites or accessing or using any of our products or services, you agree that we may use your information as set out in this notice. This policy does not apply to third party products, services or activities that K3 does not control (and to which third party terms may apply).
This privacy notice is provided in a layered format so you can click through to the specific areas set out below.
This policy was first written in English. To the extent that any translated version conflicts with the English version, the English version will take priority.
Information About K3
The K3 group of companies is made up of different legal entities and more information about us can be found here http://www.k3btg.com/ (the K3 “Group”). This privacy notice is issued on behalf of the K3 Group so when we mention K3, “we”, “us” or “our” in this privacy notice, we are referring to the relevant company in the K3 Group responsible for processing (eg collecting, using and holding) your data.
For the purposes of data protection laws (primarily the Regulations (EU) 2016/679 (the General Data Protection Regulations or “GDPR”)), the (data) controller will be the company you or your employer purchased a product or service from or provided your data to.
We have appointed a data privacy manager who is responsible for matters relating to this notice. If you have any questions, including any requests to exercise your rights in relation to your personal data then please contact the data privacy manager at the address at the end of this privacy notice.
If you are not satisfied with how we handle your personal data then we would appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns in the first instance. However, you do have the right to make a complaint at any time to your data protection supervisory authority; in the UK this is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) (www.ico.org.uk).
Information We Collect From You Or Others
How and what information might you give us? You may provide us information about you when you:
- search for or purchase a product or service;
- order or use our products or services;
- contact us (for example by phone, post, SMS or email) for any reason (for example, regarding one of our products, services or websites);
- register with one of our websites;
- request a demo, telephone call or other contact or order brochures or sign up to a newsletter;
- participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our websites or enter a competition, promotion or survey.
The information you give us may include your name, job title, address, e-mail address and phone number, demographic information such as preferences and interests (as relevant to your request), username and password as well as other information relevant to surveys and/or offers. This basic account information helps us to provide you with access to our products, services and websites.
How and what information might we collect about you? On each of your visits to our websites and as you interact with it we might automatically collect the following information about you or that could help to identify you:
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- We also collect, use and share aggregated data such as statistical or demographic data. Aggregated data may be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data in law as it does not reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate your information about how you use the site to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific website feature. However, if we combine or connect this information with any other information we hold about you such that the combined information could identify you then we will treat the combined data as personal data which will be used in accordance with this privacy notice and data protection laws.
What information do we receive from other sources?
We might receive information about you from third parties (such as our service or product partners, analytics providers, search engine providers or advertising networks). If this is the case, those third parties should have told you (at the time you provided your data) that it may be shared with us.
Do we collect sensitive information about you?
No – we do not collect any particularly sensitive data about you (known legally as “Special Categories” of personal data), for example, details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, political opinions or health data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.